Monday - Saturday, 10 - 6pm
We have six month placements available in London from September 2018. If you are available during this time period, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is an example of some of the duties you will be involved in.
- General filing and gallery administration.
- Carrying out research, including sourcing provenance, exhibition history and literature on works of art.
- Updating the events calendar, handling invitations and informing staff of upcoming exhibitions.
- Ad-hoc duties relating to the management of artists and clients.
- Sourcing articles, features and any news, both printed and online, relating to the gallery artists.
- Updating artist biographies and bibliographies for the gallery archives, database and website.
- Scanning, editing and resizing images.
- Marking up and archiving auction catalogues after each relevant sale.
- A graduate in Art History, Fine Art or Museum studies is preferable.
- A keen interest in and knowledge of contemporary art.
- Computer literate (MS office, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Photoshop).
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
If you are interested in applying for the internship please email your CV, your availability as well as a short statement about your interest in the gallery and how working here would fit with your own plans for your future career, to Ioanna Piperigos at email@example.com.
Law & Legislation: Interns are not employees of Simon Lee Gallery and therefore are not subject to employment law. However, all interns are under the organisations supervision are covered under Simon Lee Gallery Employer’s and Public liability insurance.